At a press event at Facebook’s Menlo Park headquarters, Instagram’s co-founder and CEO Kevin Systrom announced today that Instagram, the popular photo sharing app for iPhone and Android, will now support 15 second videos. Users will be able to edit their video’s look and feel via an assortment of new filters.
“Systrom said today that Instagram has 130 million monthly users who have shared 16 billion photos to date,” reported TechCrunch. “Engagement on the app is high: Over one billion “likes” are added to the service every day.”
Here are BrightBox’s Top 5 Instagram Marketing Tips for Business:
1. Be Authentic. Take photos & videos that demonstrate your day-to-day behind-the-scenes activities.
2. Be Personable. Post photos & videos of people, places, and things your audience can relate with or be emotionally impacted by.
3. Be Engaging. Ask questions. Define a clear CTA. Host competitions.
4. Be Savvy. Use #hashtags that are relevant to your products, services, and brand. Share your photos on Facebook, Twitter, and your website.
5. Advertise Conservatively. Don’t flood your followers with too many ads. Instead, focus on building relationships, and slip in tasteful product and logo placements.